Q: What is Chuango Wireless Outdoor Strobe Siren WS-280?
A: Chuango Wireless Outdoor Strobe Siren WS-280 is a wireless strobe siren designed for outdoor use. You can add the outdoor siren to your Chuango WiFi Alarm OV-300/ LTE-400. The outdoor siren will deter intruders by sounding a piercing 105db siren and flashing red strobe LED light once the alarm is triggered.
Q: How to pair Chuango Outdoor Strobe Siren WS-280 with WiFi Alarm OV-300/ LTE-400?
A: Unlike other wireless sensors/ detectors, wireless sirens such as WS-105/ WS-280/ SPS-260 will not be seen on the accessory list of the WiFi Alarm page in the DreamCatcher Life app. But they are still recommended to be connected to Chuango WiFi Alarm.
1. Press the learn button. The siren will beep once, indicating that it is now in pairing mode.
2. Tap on the “SOS” or “Arm” in the DreamCatcher Life app on your phone.
3. The siren and the hub are connected successfully after one beep.
Q: Where to install Chuango Outdoor Strobe Siren WS-280?
A: You can install Chuango Wireless Outdoor Strobe Siren WS-280 to the outside of the building in a position that is clearly visible and at a height that is relatively inaccessible to an intruder.
For optimum signal, reception mounts the outdoor siren to a maximum distance of one meter from any external or internal metalwork (drainpipes, gutters, radiators, etc).
Q: How to silence the siren for Chuango Outdoor Strobe Siren WS-280?
A: You could press the "Disarm" button on the remote control or tap the "Disarm" button in the DreamCatcher Life app on the phone. The siren will be stopped in a few seconds.
Q: How to install Chuango Outdoor Strobe Siren WS-280?
1. Press the Disarm button on the remote control 3 times, the siren will go into installation mode after a long beep is heard. Any Sensor or tamper triggered in installation mode will not result in siren hooting but 3 beeps will be heard instead. Installation mode lasts for about 10 minutes.
2. Hold the provided positioning paper in right place. Stick the gradient on the positioning paper to check and adjust the position.
3. Install two screws into the top screw holes.
4. Mount the bracket into the bottom screw holes and tighten with screws.
5. Tear off the positioning paper.
6. Mount the siren to the wall. Tighten the screw and make sure that the siren is well-positioned.
7. The siren will automatically exit from installation mode when no operation is carried out within 10 minutes. Otherwise, press the Arm button on the remote control to exit installation mode.