Q: What is Chuango Curtain PIR Motion Detector PIR-800?
A: Chuango Curtain PIR Motion Detector PIR-800 work by detecting the human body’s infrared spectrum. It has a “narrow beam curtain” across a protected area. It provides an accurate detection with a vertical and horizontal range of 5m/ 15 degrees. The sensor is recommended to be installed in areas such as a door or window a balcony or a corridor. When the Sensor detects movements, a signal is sent to the hub to trigger the alarm system.
Due to automatic temperature compensation and anti-air turbulence technology, Chuango PIR Motion Detectors can adapt to environmental changes automatically so that they are more energy-efficient.
Chuango Curtain PIR Motion Detector PIR-800 works only with Chuango Alarm hub together and cannot be used independently.
Q: Where to place Chuango Curtain PIR Motion Detector PIR-800?
A: You can place your Chuango Curtain PIR Motion Detector PIR-800 in areas such as a door or window a balcony or a corridor.
1. Wall Mounting: Fix the bracket vertically on the wall and fit the Sensor in the bracket. It is suggested to mount it at the height of 2m from the ground. An ideal position to mount the Sensor is near the entry and exit routes where an intruder could possibly break in.
2. Ceiling Mounting: Fix the bracket on the ceiling above the door or window and fit the Sensor in the bracket.
3. Mounting on Door: Avoid mounting the Sensor close to an air conditioner, electronic fan, refrigerator, oven, heater, and objects which cause fast temperature changes (avoiding mounting in direct sunlight). Avoid blocking the lens keeping the detection area clear.
Q: How to pair Chuango Curtain PIR Motion Detector PIR-800 with Chuango WiFi Alarm OV-300/ LTE-400?
A: 1. Tap on the plus “+” icon on the WiFi Alarm page to add the motion detector PIR-800 to the WiFi Alarm.
2. Press the Test Button twice on the back of the detector.
3. You will hear one beep from the hub, indicating that the connection was successful.
Q: What are the differences between Curtain PIR Motion Detector PIR-800 and Pet-Immune PIR Motion Detector PIR-900?
A: Chuango Curtain PIR Motion Detector PIR-800 has a “narrow beam curtain” across a protected area. It provides an accurate detection with a range of 5m/ 15 degrees. It is recommended to place Chuango Curtain PIR Motion Detector PIR-800 on the wall at the height of 2 m from the ground or on the ceiling upper the door or window.
Chuango Pet-Immune PIR Motion Detector PIR-910 allows your pet (under 25 kgs) to move around with complete freedom and detects for motions with a vertical and horizontal range of 8m/ 110 degrees. It is recommended to place Chuango Pet-Immune PIR Motion Detector PIR-910 in the corner of the room between 2 to 2.2 meters high from the ground.
5m, 110° vertical, 15° horizontal
2x AAA LR03 1.5V Battery
2x AA LR06 1.5V Battery
Low Battery Reminder
Q: How to test Chuango PIR Motion Detector PIR-800/ PIR-910?
A: 1. Remove the activation strip.
2. Self-testing will commence for 1 minute, indicated by the LED flashing every 2 seconds.
3. The LED indicator flashes twice, indicating that the self-testing is completed.
4. Press the Test Button at the back of your Chuango PIR Motion Detector.
5. Walk in the scope by crossing the infrared spectrum and watch the LED indicator to make sure it is working. The LED indicator will flash once when body movement is detected. The test mode lasts for up to 3 minutes.
Q: Meanings of LED indications for Chuango PIR Motion Detector PIR-800/ PIR-910?
A: Flashes every 2 seconds: self-testing state.
Flashes twice: self-testing is finished, entering working mode.
Flashes once: movement is detected.
Flashes once every 3 seconds: low battery indication (immediate battery change recommended). If the motion detector is connected with Chuango WiFi Alarm OV-300/LTE-400, you will receive a push notification via the DreamCatcher Life app, when the battery is low.
Q: Why does Chuango PIR Motion Detector PIR-800/ PIR-910 look like that it is not working?
The motion detector will enter sleeping mode to save power when the sensor is triggered twice within 3 minutes in a working state. If no movement is detected within the next 3 minutes, it will go back to the working state.